An Investor's Log, Week 1

 I have decided to periodically review my investment portfolio, and to use ChatGPT to help me analyze and make financial decision on a regular basis.

Here's what I did for the first week. Keep it simple. Let the results tell the story itself. Avoid self blaming.

First, I recorded my portfolio with a sheet, tagging each asset with its market, industry, yield, percentage, and leave blank for the "reason" column to be filled later.

Then, I uploaded this sheet on the ChatGPT new Program feature, and asked it to anaylze for me.

I would also like to know how and why each market and industry performed over the last week. 

So here's what I found out:


My portfolio structure is unbalanced, although I do have a lot of cash in hand to avoid bigger loss (If I had 100% in global equities my loss would be 3~5% instead of the actual 1.8%). It makes sense that I invest more bonds and diversify my global equities (I put too much on US growth/tech), i.e. put some money on energy, commodity, or value equities.

Of course, this is only a purely structural analysis. To dive deeper, I would have to look into the global geopolitical scene, which is what I intend to do next week.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family education is not that important

The value of life depends to a great extent on pure hazard

Can Writing be fun?