An investor's log, Week 2

 I did no portfolio adjustments last week. And here's the result: 


The trend is stablizing but not reversing. I asked ChatGPT what it meant, what were the causes, and how I should react (read the conversation here) and this is what I learned:

Conclusion first: it is good that I have ~40% cash in hand during such turmoil and uncertain moment. I should probably keep watching and not step down until things settle a bit.

The indicator ChatGPT gave me was the U.S. 10 Year TIPS which affects all my assets significantly. Naturally I would wish it to stop increasing but the geopolitical and macro factors doesn't seem to support such wish in the short term. So I would have to find ways to hedge it, either by holding cash or by investing in value stocks, defensive equity sectors (utilities, consumer staples, healthcare etc.), commodities (but beware of the oil crisis) or bonds, but the feasibility should be in line with the long term trend unless I can maneuver the portfolio with near zero transaction cost. This means I have to forecast longer term future before making any moves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family education is not that important

The value of life depends to a great extent on pure hazard

Can Writing be fun?