An Investor's Log, Week 6

This week's dashboard:


For one thing, considering my position is ~68% (41% stock, 7% bond, 20% commodities), and the global stock performance (MSCI ACWI) is +4.0% while my portfolio +2.4%, I'd say this result was somewhat neutral.

While still applying for my overseas account, what I did to my current account this week was to cut my gold position from 16% to 14%. If the price drops I'll simply buy some till my position is around 15% and vice versa.

Also, while thinking about investments, I realize the principles are quite simple and intuitive. At the end of the day, what you should do is simply follow the new and understand what in the world is going on, which requires not financial or technical understandings but geopolitics, economics, sociology, maybe even some philosophy of technology.

This week's mania might be short-lived though, since I have a gut feeling that it was just the market being oversensitive to Trump's cold feet, and when issues with Iran did not turn out that peacefully as people imagined, the market might suffer even more than before. So I'd say wait a bit longer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family education is not that important

The value of life depends to a great extent on pure hazard

Can Writing be fun?