On my dear friend's request, I shall translate my Chinese writings into English and post them here on a daily basis. 

A few notes on this:

First of all, this is still a very personal kind of writing. For now I am working on a new project called "Nietzschean Philology" which aims at practicing our understanding on topics related. I am not an expert on Nietzsche, nor am I an expert on philology; such choice of topic is purely whimsical and carry no responsibility to anyone whatsoever. It is highly probable that I interpret the notorious philosopher and his philosophy dead wrong, and if so, please correct me however you like.

Second, since this is originally a mainland China publication, it is doomed to censorship and I have no way of avoiding it given the circumstances. That said, I would have written these posts very differently under a censor-free environment. Maybe someday I will switch to that environment, but for now, bear it with me. (You may even know where I massaged the text, if you know the censor system well enough. But I simply do not have the time to recover the censor-free text in my head for you.)

Third, since this is a translation version, things might get misunderstood under different cultural settings. I will do a little bit of editing but I highly suspect that these cultural differences will hardly go away unless by adding annotations and comments heavily. Even that won't do, maybe. Feel free to ask for clarification though.


Another thing is, as an afterthought of my writings of the past month, it really helped me keep my head busy thinking, even though the thoughts and words weren't that worth reading and thinking through. These are like tissue papers that ought to be used and discarded, but, hey, we have enough garbage writings floating around our digital environment already, so why not just let me produce some more?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family education is not that important

The value of life depends to a great extent on pure hazard

Can Writing be fun?